Monday, August 16, 2010

San Diego Half Marathon!


Running has become an addiciton. If I miss a day I feel horribly guilty; yes that bad of an addiction. To fuel this addiciton, my running buddies and I signed up for the San Diego Half Marathon - which meant more training and Saturday runs together. Well, after months of training, we ran our race this weekend, (along with 8,000 other people) and we all BEAT our previous times!
My time from our first half marathon was 2 hours and 15 minutes, but I had set a goal of finishing in 2 hours for this one. I trained hard and ran with the girls on the weekends to keep up my motivation - and what made this even better?? My best friends for years Amber and Natalie were going to be joining us in San Diego! Natalie lives in Beaumont CA, so she at least got to practice in beautiful weather, while Amber, living in Suprise AZ, had to bear the heat like us, only she didn't have her running buddies there! Regardless, I really enjoyed spending time with them and the other girls in San Diego for the weekend.
I ended up finishing the race in 1 hour and 53 minutes! Very excited to have met my goal!

We were at Balboa Park at 5am to hop onto the bus that took us to Cabrillo National Monument where the race started..





This was such a great trip and the race course was beautiful, I'm positive we will make this a yearly thing. I've definitely learned alot about running and training the past 8 months and can't wait to further that with more races in the lineup!

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Amy are amazing for all these marathons! MAkes me want to get my butt in shape and try one! haha! Must be such an accomplishment! Great job! =D

    ReplyDelete