Friday, July 16, 2010

[Out with the Old and In with the New]

My weeks of training are coming to an end. I have 4 more weeks until myself and 5 girlfriends head to San Diego to run another 1/2 marathon, and new running shoes were a priority. Over the past 6 months I've learned alot about training, eating healthy, supplements, and little tricks to get in a better run. Wearing the right shoes make a huge difference. Did you know running shoes are only good for about 200 miles? Yep. They break down after that, and by the looks of the ones I bought right before my 1/2 marathon in March, I believe it. They are tore up. Running dirt trails lately didn't help their appearance either. So it was time to get a new pair to break in before this upcoming race. I'm especially excited about these new shoes because I have a pretty awesome pair of running shorts that match them perfectly. I have this theory that if I look cute, I have a better workout/run.. or that's my excuse to constatly buy gym clothes.


My oldies have been good to me though.. I can't just toss them aside like a tube of empty/dried up mascara.. they helped me finish my very first 1/2 marathon in 2 hours and 15 minutes (I'm positive I will beat my time on this next one)and they most certainly were there for the daily runs that I thought would be the death of me. Attached much? maybe.


On a random note - I constantly have this on going dilemma of whether or not to cut my hair or grow it out.I have been growing it out because within the next year I would like to get pregnant, yes it's that time to add a red headed mexican baby to the family, and I have this fear of gaining weight in my face and having no hair to hide behind; which is why I have been growing it. But as I look through old pictures of my super short hair, I just fall in love. Short hair takes like 5 minutes to dry and always looks styled.. compared to lately when my hair is always in a pony tail between working all day and spending my nights at the gym.
I had my hair done today and I can proudly say I resisted chopping it all off.. well more like my hair girl refused to chop it.. Either way, it's still growing long until I can be 100% sure. (actually i think i'll chop it after the race.. we'll see how i feel in 4 weeks)
See what I mean?? Constant debate and dilemma running through my mind..
Anyway, Janelle added a little red to my hair, just to brighten it up a bit.. and I love it. Thank you Janelle for not caving into my demands for short hair and for giving my hair the pick-me-up it needed.

1 comment:

  1. You are going to look GORGEOUS pregnant! (no matter the length of your hair)

    ReplyDelete