Mando & I have been wanting to go hiking at Zion's, and we were planning on going the last weekend of May, but Friday night Mikey, Mando's youngest brother, heard us talking about it and wanted to go Saturday morning since he finally had a Saturday off. We planned our trip around midnight Friday night and were suppose to leave at 10am the next morning. We didn't really leave town until noon :) typical.
Once we got to Zion's, we grabbed our sneakers and headed to the bus stop to ride up the mountain. We tried to take a group photo with the self timer, but the bus came right up behind us as we were waiting for the camera, that's why Vinnie isn't in this one, he was probably the smart one. 



So after hiking for a few hours, it began to get dark and the weather was getting pretty cold. We brought all of our camping gear and had the mindset of just pitching our tents and sitting around the fire the rest of the night, BUUTTT once we got back to the truck and drove to the campsite, we were quickly reminded of the holiday weekend and EVERY campsite was FULL. Mikey then told us he went to Pine Valley once and had a great time and he thought it was only 30 mins from where we were. HA. Try an hour and a half. We drove through St. George and finally made it to Pine Valley, all while driving through a rain storm. We get up the mountain and of course, the campground was full. By this time is was about 9:30.. raining hard.. and pretty dang cold outside. (Mando & Mikey didn't even bring sweatshirts, thinking we would be hiking in the heat .. poor lil guys) We finally drive by a turnout on the side of the road, which was huge, and sat in the car waiting to see who would get out first to set up camp. To our luck, it finally stopped raining and we were able to set up camp, and even had time to play with our BB Guns.
We had quite the adventure thanks to Mikey's last minute trip plans, and it was definitely worth all the obstacles we ran into. Although next time, I'm booking a hotel ahead of time :)
I didn't know you had a blog!!! I am so glad you left your e-mail. Now I can see what is going on with you. I am so happy for you and Mando. I try and keep track of you through Emilie. If you are ever in town let me know so we can get together!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're Blogging! YAE! I'm so glad! It's the best way to keep in touch for me! You look happy! I'm coming to Vegas b/c Megan Belingheri is getting married Aug 8. I hope to see you there. Chris and I will probably end up living there anyway...
ReplyDelete