Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

For every holiday we all head to my parents house for a big meal and spend the day together before Mando and I have to leave and spend it with his family as well. But this year, Mando and I decided to have my family come celebrate father's day in our new home.


I woke up at 6:30 to defrost the turkey (my first time making turkey) and got ready for the day. My mom was on the other end of the phone teaching me how to prepare the turkey and all the basics I would need to cook this big turkey meal for the family. Thanks to my mom for coaching me through the day. I made my first turkey meal with mashed potatoes from scratch, gravy and stuffing. Thanks mom!
I was so excited to have my family over, there is never a dull moment between us all. And it was so nice to be able to cook for my dad while we celebrated his awesomeness. I couldn't be more thankful and appreciative for my dad, he is an amazing person and continues to be a wonderful father. I couldn't ask for anything more. This goes for my mom too. They make a great team.

LOVE YOU DAD!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

  1. YOu go girl~ I have never cooked a turkey and I hope that I don't have to for a very long time. Oh, your dad, he is awesome. Take care. love ya

    ReplyDelete