RED ROCK 1/2 MARATHON
Starting on New Year's day, I decided that I wanted to get back into shape and make a habit of exercising regularly. Myself as well as four girlfriends all decided to sign up for the Red Rock 1/2 Marathon that was March 6. We had 8 weeks to train, and we had a great time doing it. It was also such a fun experience in itself, but to share it with friends and have weekly runs together made it that much better.
The night before the race, we met at Candice's lovely home to have a huge pasta dinner with our husbands in tow.
I got up at 4am to be ready to leave by 5 for Red Rock. This is right before the race... Chelsea got us all these super cute flower pins, so of course we wore them to our race!
Candice finished under 2 hours, she is seriously an amazing runner and such a photogenic one at that!
Grant finished before Candice (but we decided boys are just naturally faster than girls)
but he ran back to finish it out with Amy when she got to the end. Amy finished just over 2 hours. She was my motivator for this whole race -
Mando jumped in to run the last 50 yards with me... I finished in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Chelsea came in soon after me.. fist pumping and clapping!
The running itself was only half the experience. Spending time with the girls and acquiring a new hobby has made this more enjoyable than I thought. I think we can all say that it made our friendships that much better.
I seriously feel like such a giant after seeing this pictures!
Addison, Grant, Amy, Chelsea, Candice, Me, and Brittany
And of course, we spent that afternoon at the spa. Not only because we had just accomplished this 1/2 marathon, but it was also Amy's birthday! Massages and pedicures were an awesome way to cap off the race.
SPECTRUM 10K in St. George
2 weeks after our 1/2 marathon, Amy Candice and myself signed up for the Spectrum 10K in St. George for March 20.
Friday night after work, we loaded up and had a fun girls road trip to St. George. We stayed with my parents and they were more than happy to have us there.
We got up early Saturday morning and headed up to Snow Canyon where the race began.
Of course, Candice the rockstar runner, finished in 47 minutes..
Of course, Candice the rockstar runner, finished in 47 minutes..
I am so jealous!!! I wish I was here to do it with you guys!! I am doing a relay marathon in May and maybe a half marathon in Aug with a bunch of friends! You guys look awesome and you look like you are having so much fun!!! I really wish I was here!! :( Tell your parents I said hello!
ReplyDeleteYou girl!!!! I am doing the Top of Utah 1/2 in August, so we just started training. Looks like you guys had fun. And I am excited to see you in April. lOve ya
ReplyDeleteso I just blogged for the first time in a long time and I love your post! It was awesome and I am signing up for San Diego eventually...probably sooner rather than later this time so it doesn't fill up or something.
ReplyDelete